Website chubbycherubni The Chubby Cherub, Restaurant & Deli
Italian Restaurants & Deli Belfast
A Waiter, or Server, is an employee who serves customers in a cafe or restaurant. Their duties include welcoming customers, answering questions related to the menu, delivering orders and processing payments.
Waiter duties and responsibilities
A Waiter’s main responsibility is to ensure that customers have an enjoyable dining experience. A Waiter should have excellent customer service skills, they should greet customers in a polite and friendly manner, provide them with menus and suggest seasonal specials. They also are the point of contact for bills and the return of any funds. Depending on the restaurant, Waiters also perform several front-of-the-house duties such as cleaning the tables after customers.
Some of the main duties and responsibilities of a Waiter include:
- Greeting customers as they settle down at the cafe or restaurant tables and introducing them to the menus
- Taking the customers’ orders and delivering them to the kitchen staff for preparation
- Confirming that the food items match the orders and delivering them to the tables
- Inquiring if the customers are satisfied, giving bills and processing payments
- Operating the drink fountain and coffee station
- Attending regular meetings with restaurant and kitchen managers to find out about menu changes and menu specials