Belfast Breakfast Bruschetta
Ulster meets Italy with this recipe. Italian sourdough bruschetta topped with Irish bacon, black pudding, tomato mushroom and an egg. Perfect for weekend brunch.
- 1 Slice Sourdough Bread
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil Plus extra for frying bacon
- 2 Slices Bacon Smoked
- 2 Slices Black Pudding Sliced to 1 cm thickness
- Mushrooms Sliced thinly
- 1 Large Egg Fried or Poached to your liking
- 1 tbsp Basil Pesto
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Spread olive oil on both sides of the sourdough bread. Add to a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes flip over and heat for a further 3-5 minutes. While your sourdough is in the oven add some oil to a pan over medium to high heat, when the oil is hot, fry mushrooms, bacon, and black pudding until thoroughly cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and fry sliced tomatoes on one side for 1 minute then flip over to fry for a further minute, then remove and set aside.
- Either fry or poach an egg to top your bruschetta. For tips on how to poach an egg visit https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/videos/techniques/how-poach-egg when the egg is done to your liking begin to assemble your bruschetta.
- Top the sourdough with bacon, then sliced tomato, black pudding, mushrooms and egg. Garnish with pesto and serve immediately. Buon appetito!