2. What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or your computer’s hard drive if you agree. They contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
- Recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- Obtain information about your preferences and use of our site;
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our users’ requirements;
- Target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- Make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
4. Types of Cookies
The cookies we use can be divided into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features.
- Performance Cookies: These collect information about how you use our website, for instance, which pages you go to most often.
- Functionality Cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website and remember your preferences.
- Targeting Cookies: These record your visits to our website, pages visited and links you have followed.
We will ask for your permission to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device, except where they are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested.
6. How to Turn Off Cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
8. Further Information
Last Updated: 21 July 2023